Many of us are passionate about a park, trail, legislative bill or state policy, but frequently, we are unaware of how to take that interest and turn it into positive action. This training session by the AMC will provide participants with the tools and understanding necessary to get more involved. Participants can bring their own examples to work on and we will:
This free event is open to the public but please RSVP by emailing: email@example.com or calling 617-391-6586.
- Clarify the main goals and create an agenda for action
- Practice speaking up in public about your project
- Discuss examples of successful campaigns (and perhaps others…)
- Get shortcuts for written and personal communication with officials
- Get sources of information
When: Wednesday, July 13, 2011, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Where: MA Audubon Visual Arts Center, 963 Washington Street, Canton, MA
From Rt I-93: Take exit 2A (Rt 138 south). After 0.7 miles, turn right at the traffic lights onto Washington Street. The sanctuary is 2.4 miles ahead on the left, across from Canton High School.
By public transportation: Take the MBTA commuter rail from South Station in Boston to the Canton Center stop. Turn left out of the station onto Washington Street. The sanctuary is 0.5 miles ahead on the right, across from Canton High School.