Last week, an overwhelming majority of Northeast and Mid-Atlantic U.S. Senators voted for clean air and a healthy outdoor environment when they defeated a resolution that would have overturned the Cross-State Air Pollution Rule.
The Northeast can suffer from poor air quality when winds deliver pollutants across state borders to our coastal and mountain regions. This rule will help downwind states meet clean air standards by targeting power plant pollution from upwind states.
AMC research has shown that even healthy hikers suffer declining lung function when they breathe polluted air, in part because when people exercise they breathe more air.
It is very important to let our Senators know we appreciate their vote, and urge them to continue to prioritize clean air and a healthy outdoor environment.
Below is the list of Senators who voted for clean air. Please take a moment to call and thank your Senators for their NO vote on S.J. Resolution 27, and their support for clean air and healthy outdoor recreation. Ask them to continue to defend our air quality. You can call through the Capitol Switchboard: (202) 224 3121.
• Collins (R-ME) Snowe (R-ME)
• Shaheen (D-NH) Ayotte (R-NH)
• Leahy (D-VT) Sanders (I-VT)
• Kerry (D-MA) Brown (R-MA)
• Lieberman (ID-CT) Blumenthal (D-CT)
• Reed (D-RI) Whitehouse (D-RI)
• Schumer (D-NY) Gillibrand (D-NY)
• Lautenberg (D-NJ) Menendez (D-NJ)
• Casey (D-PA)
• Carper (D-DE) Coons (D-DE)
• Mikulski (D-MD) Cardin (D-MD)
Labels: CAN, clean air, conservation, Conservation Action Network