Daily activities include:
- 8 am – Backcountry Basics: spend a few minutes with our staff on a variety of informative and fun topics. From map reading to Leave No Trace; gain new tips and tricks for traveling and being comfortable in the woods!
- 9 am & 1 pm – Snowshoe Walks: Spend one-to-two hours with an AMC Guide looking for animal signs, tracks, and other natural wonders. These are fairly easy walks to local points of interest.Please wear winter boots that can accommodate snowshoes and bring water. Snowshoes are provided if needed.
- 12 pm – Table Talks: Got a minute? Get a “snap shot” of the wonders of the outdoors through one of our hands-on, informal presentations! Stop by the lobby of the Visitor Center at any time within the hour to chat and discover something new.
- 5 pm – Fireside Social: Join us in the living room around the fire for snacks and trivia. AMC staff will ask the questions, you supply the answers! Appetizers will be provided. Guests may BYOB responsibly.
- 8 pm – Evening Programs: Looking for something to do tonight? Each night we offer an evening program. From a hands-on display of authentic logging tools of the 1800s, to a life-sized documentary on beavers, we have a program for everyone!
In addition to our daily activities, we offer Ski Tour Sundays each Sunday at 10:30 am. Explore winter on skis with an AMC Naturalist at Great Glen Trails! Trail passes included for Joe Dodge Lodge Guests, others may purchase trail passes and ski rentals at Great Glen Trails. Meet at Great Glen Trails; space is limited.
Programs are free and open to Joe Dodge Lodge guests and the public. Organized groups of 5 or more (scouts, schools, outing clubs, etc.) should contact AMC to inquire about custom program opportunities. Schedule subject to change without notice. Questions? Call AMC at 603-466-2727 for more information.