On August 18th Northern Pass announced modifications to the proposed route for its 187-mile long high voltage transmission line through New Hampshire. They now propose to bury an additional 52 miles of the line under roadways from Bethlehem to Bridgewater, reducing impacts to the White Mountain National Forest and Appalachian National Scenic Trail.
While progress appears to have been made on addressing the visual impacts to the central part of the state, the south and north remain highly impacted. But Northern Pass and Eversource now plan to file their application with the state’s Site Evaluation Committee for this route. As required by state statute, before submitting their application, they must schedule public information sessions in each county in which the project will be located.
Please attend a Northern Pass Information Session:
The schedule for each session is as follows:
- Merrimack County: Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2015, Grappone Conference Center, 7 Constitution Ave., Concord
- Rockingham County: Thursday, Sept. 3, 2015, Deerfield Fair Pavilion, 34 Stage Rd., Deerfield
- Grafton County: Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2015, Mountain Club on Loon Resort & Spa, 90 Loon Mountain Rd., Lincoln
- Coös County: Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2015, Mountain View Grand Resort and Spa, 101 Mountain View Rd., Whitefield
- Belknap County: Thursday, Sept. 10, 2015, Lake Opechee Inn & Spa, 62 Doris Ray Court, Laconia
If you plan to attend one or more of the sessions, please email us at email@example.com.
- Open House: 5:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Project Overview: 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Questions & Answers: 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Public Comments: 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Click to download talking points about concerns with the current proposal.
Thanks for speaking up in support of the places you love!